Catamaran Skipper training
Catamaran maneuvering... Turn your skills into routines!
Catamaran Skipper Training Details
In a very short time, the skipper training course will enable you to become a reliable Catamaran skipper. The training can take place in a single week or over two weekends, depending on the availability of participants. Training on catamaran Lagoon 380. (360° view)
What will you learn?
- 7 days of non-stop sailing in the Northern Adriatic Sea
- Basic features and sailing terminology
- Getting to know a sailboat
- Safety at sea basics
- Basics of sailing, wind roses
- Sailing on a defined course
- Turning windward and leeward
- Meteorology basics
- Navigation basics
- Boating knots
- Setting a course and navigation in relation to the weather forecast, and wind and meteorological conditions
What will you do?
- Night watch
- Cooking on board
- Introduction to equipment and sailboat systems
- Sailing in and out of the port/marina
- Anchoring – choosing the right position and performing anchoring
- Bow/stern, port and starboard side berthing
- Avoiding collisions, navigation
- Safety at sea – man overboard maneuvering
- How to use safety equipment
Intensive sailing Course Details
On this 7-day course, we are based in Punat for 3 days and sail the Kvarnerić archipelago with accommodation in sailboat cabins for 2. In your free time, bicycles and standup paddleboards (SUP) are available from the Sailing Center, while in Marina Punat, where the sailboats are berthed, there is a recently opened SPA facility with a pool for relaxation and enjoyment.
For four days, we navigate the Northern Adriatic archipelago (the islands of Krk, Rab, Cres, Lošinj and Ilovik) and sail at least 30 miles every day, which makes this course ideal for gaining the mileage necessary for various certificates and also for gaining practical skills under sail. The intensive course is conceived in a way that every participant will go through each position on board – skipper, trim of mainsail, jib and genoa, gennaker, anchoring, docking, etc.
This course includes one night under sails, and the crew is divided into 4-hour shifts, with each participant undertaking every duty on board the sailboat that is necessary for safe and efficient sailing. Navigating under the stars has its own magic and is something you need to experience for yourself.
During the intensive course, you will gain valuable experience while sailing, as we sail in all weather conditions, which will be an introduction to offshore sailing for you.
Catamaran Skipper Training Price
NOTICE: Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19 courses and cruises are organized according to epidemiological standards. Unfortunatly, that impact to our prices. All participants are accommodated in separate cabins (1 person in twin cabin). Accommodation in pairs is possible at your own request.
- Accommodation: on a sailboat
- Included in the price: accommodation, instructor, fuel, berth, tourist tax
Sailing courses take place in the waters off Punat and in the Northern Adriatic on NAS SAILING CENTER sailboats.