All knowledge on one course.
An intensive course is for people who prefer to acquire skills quickly and intensively. In seven days spent sailing on sailboats of different sizes and performances, you will gain plenty of knowledge about sailing. We guarantee a fun week and a deep immersion in the world of sailing. The number of hours and the program on this course combine all NAS sailing courses - Basic, Advanced and Skipper training - into one unique experience.
NEW - Catamaran Intensive Course
7-days catamaran sailing course includes basic sailing course, navigation course and skipper training. Max. 6 persons. Contact us for more details.
Course dates: 25.04. -02.05.2020.
Intensive sailing Course Details
On this 7-day course, we are based in Punat for 4 days and sail the Kvarnerić archipelago with accommodation in sailboat cabins for 2. In your free time, bicycles and standup paddleboards (SUP) are available from the Sailing Center, while in Marina Punat, where the sailboats are berthed, there is a recently opened SPA facility with a pool for relaxation and enjoyment.
For three days, we navigate the Northern Adriatic archipelago (the islands of Krk, Rab, Cres, Lošinj and Ilovik) and sail at least 30 miles every day, which makes this course ideal for gaining the mileage necessary for various certificates and also for gaining practical skills under sail. The intensive course is conceived in a way that every participant will go through each position on board – skipper, trim of mainsail, jib and genoa, gennaker, anchoring, docking, etc.
During the intensive course, you will gain valuable experience while sailing, as we sail in all weather conditions, which will be an introduction to offshore sailing for you.
This course includes one night under sails, and the crew is divided into 4-hour shifts, with each participant undertaking every duty on board the sailboat that is necessary for safe and efficient sailing. Navigating under the stars has its own magic and is something you need to experience for yourself.
What will you learn?
- 7 days of non-stop sailing in the Northern Adriatic Sea
- Basic features and sailing terminology
- Getting to know a sailboat
- Safety at sea basics
- Basics of sailing, wind roses
- Sailing on a defined course
- Turning windward and leeward
- Meteorology basics
- Navigation basics
- Boating knots
- Setting a course and navigation in relation to the weather forecast, and wind and meteorological conditions
What will you do?
- Night watch
- Cooking on board
- Introduction to equipment and sailboat systems
- Sailing in and out of the port/marina
- Anchoring – choosing the right position and performing anchoring
- Bow/stern, port and starboard side berthing
- Avoiding collisions, navigation
- Safety at sea – man overboard maneuvering
- How to use safety equipment
Instensive Course Price
- Out of season courses - March, April, October, November
- High season courses - May, June, July, August, September
- -10% - out of season courses
- -5% - for every other person in a group booking
- Accommodation: on a sailboat, twin cabin
- Included in the price: accommodation, instructor, fuel, berth, tourist tax
- Not included in the price: food and drinks
Sailing courses take place in the waters off Punat and in the Northern Adriatic on NAS SAILING CENTER sailboats.